Thursday, September 02, 2010

31 week update.

we're now into the appointments every 2 weeks phase.  mayhem.  tomorrow is the official 31-week mark (9 weeks left, what does that even mean?), but our appointment was today.  we met with a new midwife who was awesome.

nibs is officially head down, and the midwife claims s/he will stay this way through delivery.  hopefully so.  jb got to feel the head and butt and back, which was awesome.  we also got to hear the real heartbeat (we've been hearing the placental heartbeat this whole time because of my anterior placenta situation).  it was right at 150, so that keeps the mystery alive, for sure.  i was measuring a little big last time (about 1 week or so), but i'm right back on track this week, so i was really happy about that.  what else?  oh, i've gained a few more pounds than i'd like to have by this point, but nothing to be worried about, they said.  i'm just going to try to pay attention to what i'm putting in my mouth over the next nine weeks so it's not completely out of control by the end.....

we also had our first birthing class last night - hypnobirthing.  it was fantastic.  hypnobirthing is basically the idea that your mind has been trained (by movies and society and whatever else) to think of birth as this painful, horrible thing.  but in reality, it's very natural and your body is made to do it (the baby got in there, your body can get it out).  anyway...it's all about learning how to relax through everything and trust your body and your mind.  i know this sounds like a bunch of hippie stuff, but i love it.  we watched 3 birth videos last night, and these women were all just so calm and happy.

anyway...i guess that's the report for now!  feeling good and moving right along.  we're very excited for the holiday weekend, but i bet the pups are more excited....

1 comment:

  1. so are you planning on no drugs then? you are AMAZING my friend. I really need to learn that hypnobirthing stuff (if I ever do the whole labor thing again :) ). My labors are getting faster and faster. With Amelia, I only had my epidural in for 20 minutes when I needed to start pushing so it really didn't get the full chance to work. With both girls I really wish I had learned some sort of relaxation stuff. And I really hope that your baby stays head down. Owen was head down (and I mean REALLY head down) my entire pregnancy--I could feel so much pressure the entire pregnancy! A week before my due date he flipped and therefore the reason for my c-section. I guess I shouldn't scare you--I'm sure things will go fine :) It was a blessing Owen flipped because he was 9lbs 3oz and had a HUGE head. I don't think I could have done it myself. The c-section was very welcomed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...