Friday, November 05, 2010

due date.

well, here we are.  the finish line, or the start of a new race, depending on how you look at it.  i don't think i was really expecting to be one of those statistical 5% who have their babies on their due dates (so not my style, right?), but i don't really think that i thought much past this day.

in any case, i am feeling good and optimistic today.  i went and got acupuncture for the first time and it was awesome.  she inserted the needles and then i took probably the best nap of my life in this ridiculously comfy chair.  i don't know if that's going to do the trick, but i think it's as good a method as any.

last night we went to w&d's house and they cooked delicious homemade pizza and salads.  people have been so awesome about calling to check on me and helping me get out of the house, which i think is a smart idea.  tonight we don't have real plans, so i am thinking we will go see due date and maybe cook or maybe pick up some din before/after depending on how we feel.  i think it's appropriate to go see that movie today, and i also hear that laughter helps induce labour, so zach galifianakis is the best idea ever.

one thing i don't think i've mentioned on here is my newfound (relatively) obsession with coconut oil.  my friend a has been swearing by this stuff forever, but i just bought some a few months ago.  coconut oil is all natural (duh) and is solid at room temp but turns to liquid when it gets warm.  it's kind of bizarro to get used to at first, but then it's amazing.  i was using one brand i bought at this health food store, but just found hope's harvest at another store and it is rocking my world even more.  this one has a slight smell (though lots of them don't so if you don't like to smell amazing, you don't have to), and it's incredible.  i use it as a moisturizer for belly, arms, legs, etc.  even in my hair (at night if i know i'm washing it the next morning) to make it all shiny.  i also use it to cook (it's got a higher heat point than olive oil and similar health benefits). anyway....it's awesome and i cannot recommend its virtues enough for all things.

hopefully there will be some news here before too long, but i'll keep posting semi-regularly until then so y'all can know what's up (or what's not).

1 comment:

  1. I wandered here from Cjane's blog & I wanted to say that I always had my babies after the due date. My first came ten days after! Hopefully that hasn't happened to you, & your baby has already arrived. I will check back to see how things went. Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...