Saturday, July 28, 2012

16 weeks.

week:16
baby stats: #2 is the size of an avocado now, which makes me want guacamole.  but let's face it, i always want guacamole.  s/he weighs 3.5 ounces, and has started to grow toenails. 
symptoms: feeling a little tired, but i think i've been pushing a little too hard (and staying up a little too late reading novels).  the heartburn that plagued me for all of emme's pregnancy is back in full force (it was only sporadic before this week), so i'm guessing we'll have another head of hair on this kiddo.  in any case, as i have always said, of all the pregnancy-related stuff i could have, heartburn is just fine with me! 
cravings: still nothing much.  i like milk a whole lot.  and seafood.  and veggies, which i hated most of the time last time.  i want to drink coca cola all the time, which i never EVER drink in real life, so that's super weird.  fortunately, i can usually convince jb to drink one and a little sip seems to satisfy me.  
aversions: still nothing, at least not before i eat it.  certain foods make me gag if i think about them too much (eggs).  but i'll still eat all of it...
bump: growing more and more human-baby-like every day. i have no shot at wearing non-elastic-waisted pants at all. 
worries: the usual, as usual.  i have my 16 week appointment monday and i always feel huge waves of relief (however temporary) after hearing the heartbeat and talking to my awesome care providers.
looking forward to:  bigger movements and a bigger belly.  i know lots of women fight this, but i love the big belly and a bebe rolling around in there.  getting emme's toddler room set up so we can figure out what we want to do with the nursery. 
boy or girl?:  i'm still feeling boy.  i don't know if it's because i am feeling more movement so much earlier, or what, but i'm pretty convinced we've got an XY in there.  
missing the most: sushi.  it's always sushi. 
pregnancy milestone:  movement.  i think i felt a little last week, but this week i am 99% sure it's baby.  still very much the feeling of a big goldfish in there flipping around, but i am almost positive that's not just my intestinal tract. 
what's different this time: the earlier movement is very different (and very awesome, since it assuages my worries just the tiniest little bit).  i think i'm carrying more in front this time, less in my face like i did for emme - although, definitely still have a pregnant face.  ha.  i haven't read a single pregnancy book (and probably won't!), which is unlike me, but i have such a crazy memory for that stuff, i think i can get through these 40 weeks without inundating my poor brain. 

1 comment:

  1. I was bigger with Ariana. I was fuller at my waist than just front, and my face was fuller too. With Cole (#2), I carried all in my front. My face stayed thin and I only gained in my belly. So I say it's a BOY!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...