Wednesday, November 06, 2013

three years ago.

around this time three incredibly fast years ago, my water broke.  it was only 10 hours or so later that we met our sweet little ek for the first time.

getting to raise this girl has been one of the great joys of my life.  she teaches me something every day about how to greet life with exuberance and wonder.  from her i am learning how to slow down (a little), how to be fascinated, how to pick my battles, how to love with every piece of my heart.  i love watching her concentrate, seeing her figure out something new.  i love her silliness and how she laughs with her whole body, full of ease and abandon.  though we battle (and i fear this will only increase in the coming months and years), i am so so proud of her stubbornness and her fierce independence.

my wish for my first baby, this child who made me a mother, is that she will continue to grow with a heart full of tenderness, a mind full of curiosity, and a spirit full of strength.

happy birthday, emme kay.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...