Tuesday, April 12, 2016

adult illness.

last week i had a couple of rough nights of sleep and was feeling kind of draggy. i went to yoga on wednesday evening and had a hard time catching my breath and was just generally feeling pretty weak and depleted, which is not typical for me lately (even if yoga is hard). when i woke up thursday morning, my throat was sore and my whole body hurt. of course, i denied that this was happening and proceeded through my work day as normal. mid-afternoon, a neighbor called because she'd been in a car accident (no one was hurt) and she needed a ride. well, that pretty much did me in. by the time i got the kids home and jb got home, i was done. i had started running a low fever and my throat was not ok at all. jb came to the rescue and brought the kids to a playground and got them fed while i laid on the couch and slurped on some pho broth.

friday morning i was worse. i headed to the doctor around lunch and he confirmed i had "the worst case of strep" he'd ever seen. ooof. he hooked me up with some antibiotics, and i was in a bed basically the rest of the day and night. amazingly, after many naps and hours of sleep and two doses of antibiotics, i was like 40 times better by saturday morning. i've continued to improve since then, but this just confirms: being sick as a grown up is the WORST. i quarantined myself from jb and the kids because i didn't want to get anyone sick (which worked!), but it was super sucky to not be able to love on my babies for a few days while i convalesced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...