Monday, August 15, 2011

dear internet.

hi there.  it has been a while.  if you're friends with me in real life, you may have noticed that i haven't talked to you/returned your calls/remembered your birthday/etc.  i'm sorry.  i owe about 47 posts (or maybe just like 6 but still).  for now, though, i'm just going to blog a quick post about the recent trauma and subsequent sigh of relief that everything is really ok.  someday, when i have 2 minutes in succession to do anything other than collapse, i will post pictures and talk about all of this in greater detail, but for now, here is a list of what's gone on the past few weeks. 
  • closed on a house the same day friends got in from out of town for 4 days
  • quit job/started new job
  • moved items to new house
  • cleaned and prepped old house for renters
  • hosted family and friends for help moving and unpacking
  • turned 30
  • emme turned 9 months old
  • emme got roseola and had fever of nearly 105 - she was sick for 4 or 5 days and would not be more than 2 inches away from me
  • both chickens died in a freak situation
  • drove to louisiana with just me and emme to pick up my mom
  • first 911 call for me
  • emme's first stitches (staples) in her head
  • dinner and hanging out with amy, patrick and amelia (awesome) in houston
i'm sure i'm leaving something out.  everything is fine, everything is nuts.  hopefully we're on the downhill slope, but i am not getting too optimistic...at the very least, i hope to be a more responsive and functional friend, even if the frenetic pace keeps up.  wheeee. 

2 comments:

  1. Piper, oh my goodness! you can't just leave it at that! what happened with the 911 cal and the staples in Emme's head? I'm assuming they were the same situation...
    Wow, I hope life settles down for you, I'm amazed you're still sane with all the crazy events going on. When you have a minute, give us a more detailed update. I hope Emme's mending well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah. Blogger just ate my comment. Tell me when to come over and I'll bring wine a baby and some dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...