Sunday, November 11, 2012

31 weeks.


week: 31

baby stats: this week, small smalls is the size of a pineapple or four navel oranges (random).  so, over 16 inches and somewhere around 3.3-3.5 lbs.  baby's irises now react to light, and all five senses are in working order.  s/he is also turning its head as its brain continues to grow.  

aversions/cravings: i eat eggs.  and salads.  

bump: based on my appointment friday, i am measuring about half a week big right now.  but, give or take a few centimeters of fundal height is perfectly normal, says my midwife (and the internet).  i found the belly cast justin and i did of my emme belly at around 36 weeks or so, and it is insane.  this belly is shaped differently and smaller (thankfully) at this point.  we'll see where we end up!  

worries: going to see my practitioners always makes me feel approximately eleventy billion times better.  i cannot even begin to describe how much i love my doc and my midwife.  i don't think i knew a medical experience could be this awesome.  anyway...at friday's appointment, we talked about my gestational diabetes and i got some good guidance.  i'm still bummed/annoyed/worried, but they think i'm doing great and taking good care of myself.  i need to be walking more, so i am going to step that up.  baby is still breech, so i have an appointment with a chiropractor tomorrow to see if we can align my hips in a way that will make this baby happy.  ha.  there's still definitely a chance s/he will flip on its own, but i want to be proactive and do what i can to get this little one head down if at all possible.  if chiropractics don't work, i'll be scheduled for a version around 35 weeks, so that should be interesting....just hoping we get an independent flipper.  other than that, heartbeat, size, etc. all look great and that makes me much calmer in my head.  

boy or girl?: i'm less certain these days.  i am still saying boy because of the breech thing and how uncomfortable i am getting, but who knows, really?  other than my ob, of course.  ha.  

missing the most: chocolate things.  all of the chocolate things.  
pregnancy milestone: tomorrow is the "two months left" mark, at least until my due date.  that is crazy.  when i say "mid-january", it still sounds SO far away, but really it's ridiculously close.  this week, in preparation for family visitors, we got the nursery mostly in order, so i am feeling a little better about that.  still several things to do/inventory, but moving right along and i no longer feel like i have no idea where this kid is going to live.  ha.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...