Friday, March 14, 2014

two bugs two cups.

this week has been a little crazy.  i got back from vegas (for work) late wednesday night and jb left early thursday morning for a bachelor party in san diego until monday.  the kidlets are soooo good for him when he's solo parenting(which is pretty rare, but still).  no back-talk, no defiance.  apparently not so much with me.  i brought them to a playground for dinnertime yesterday after school and ek ran away from me, hit me, and yelled at me like six different times.  ugh.  if someone can give me a clue as to what i'm doing wrong, that would be superb.  

anyway.  this morning, we got up and i was trying to take a two minute shower and emme was flipping out about it because she wanted to get in the shower with me and all the other things.  i said no, which led to hysteria while i was in my shower, which only lasted approximately 90 seconds.  i get out and hear her shouting and crying from down the hall so i head out in my towel.  she's freaking out about a spider, which i soon locate in the middle of the hall.  since i'm in a towel, but i don't want to lose the spider and incite more hysteria, i place a bathroom dixie cup over the spider and tell her it's going to be ok.  she insists on being carried across spider territory in either direction, but is mostly ok at this point.  i head back down the hall to my room on a quest for actual clothing and what's hanging out right at the end of the hall in my doorway?  a giant tree roach.  party. on.  i have an irrational fear of roaches, especially the big ones.  knowing i have to get into my room to get dressed and there's no one to call for back up (hollis is not to be trusted with a bug-killing mission), i scoot etta in the direction of my room to see how quickly the roach is scurrying.  answer: not too quickly, but fast enough that i get the willies just thinking about it.  of course, now my plan has backfired slightly because the roach is on carpet (ours is the only room in the house with carpet, of course). carpet is a notoriously bad place to smash bugs you want to pretend don't exist inside your house.  so.  i go to the kitchen and procure a pint glass.  place pint glass on top of roach and voila!  problem temporarily ignored.  

so now i'm debating whether i should leave the roach (spiders don't bug me - haha, get it?) until jb gets home.  which doesn't sound great because sleeping in the room with a trapped roach wigs me out.  but how else am i supposed to deal with this thing?  


2 comments:

  1. oh man. i don't even know what advice to give here. i might leave it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first…you're not doing anything wrong…she's 3. secondly…I would have done the same thing with the roach. They give me the willies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...