Monday, August 09, 2010

doctors appointment and weekend update.

this was a good weekend.  according to some web sites, i am now in the third and final trimester.  woo hoo!  and also, holy crap.  i have this little countdown app on my iphone that tells me we have 87 days left, and that is about the craziest thing you could ever tell me.  i feel like we have SO much to do, and it's almost paralyzing just thinking about it.  but, all in an exciting, fun way - just totally crazy.

anyway...friday night we went to an mba friend's house for some grilling and some euchre.  we brought half of one of the watermelons we grew and tried it grilled, per a recommendation from some friends.  it was interesting - i think next time we will slice it a little thinner and see how that works, but it's definitely a different way to eat watermelon.  saturday was yoga for me and swimming for jb, followed by dog park and an afternoon birthday party.  i got to eat hot dogs twice this weekend, so i consider it a success (i know they're sorta gross, but i really have been craving hot dogs for a lot of this pregnancy, but trying to stay away from them because of the nitrates.  these were all beef and pretty decent as far as hot dogs go.  they were also delicious).  sunday was errands and some resting and then our friends m&k made dinner for us last night as sort of a belated birthday celebration.  m makes pizza from scratch and does it on the grill, and i swear that guy needs to open a restaurant.  really really delicious.  he also made homemade cookies-n-cream ice cream.

and that took us to our doctor's appointment this morning.  technically the 28 week appointment (i guess?) even though it's only 27.5 weeks.  i got to drink that delectable orange dextrose drink for the blood test for gestational diabetes after "fasting" all night.  it was pretty gross, but i think all the pizza left in my system helped a little bit.....anyway, fingers crossed that i don't have GD.  i'm optimistic, but should find out tomorrow or wednesday if i'll need to do the three hour test.

in other news, nibs is getting big.  s/he is measuring almost 2 weeks ahead, but the doctor said that was normal and my weight gain is in check, etc, so we're all good.  heartbeat was still in the mid-140s, which is pretty much where it's been.  we scheduled all of our remaining appointments this morning as well.  that's an eye-opener - flipping through my calendar pages at that speed makes it seem like we're having this bebe so so soon.  which i guess we kind of are.....

so i guess that's it for now.  we're officially in to texas summer now, with temps at or over 100 every day for a week now and no rain to speak of in the forecast.  i'm handling the heat pretty well by staying inside unless i'm near water or have a big jug to drink.  the pups are definitely ready for the fall.  the humans are ok with time moving a little bit more slowly as the next season approaches....

2 comments:

  1. hotdogs are something I crave a lot too when I'm pregnant. I have no idea why. Normally I not a huge fan of them and can barely handle putting down one. When I'm pregnant, I have to make myself stop at 2 because that is PLENTY :) This last semester is going to fly by for you guys! I got your baby shower invite in the mail and am so sorry I won't be able to attend. I wish--that would be SO much fun if I could fly down with Amelia, but it doesn't look like it is going to happen. But, I do have a little gift coming to you in the mail, as soon as I know what the name is! Obviously you guys don't know if it is a boy or a girl yet, but have you narrowed it down to a boy name and a girl name? Or do you just have a bunch to decide from once you see the baby? Oh, I'm getting so excited for yoU!
    It is the neatest thing EVER to meet your baby for the first time, but I can't imagine how exciting it will be to not only meet the baby, but find out if it is a girl or boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last trimester does go by really fast. It seemed like I was in such a hurry to get out of the first, that the second and third flew by. It's going to be here before you know it. I can't wait to meet little nibs.
    We plan on coming to your shower, so you'll get to meet our Amelia (lindsey, I love your girl's name :)
    I can't wait to see you. Mrs. T.F. hosts some great showers.

    I ate a lot of hotdogs, too. I wasn't necessarily craving them. i think it was just the fact that people were telling me that I couldn't, so that made me want them more. Amelia turned out perfect, so no worries :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...