Monday, August 02, 2010

happy birthday to me.

well, my last child-less birthday (or at least, child that lives in my house instead of in my body) is upon me and it's been awesome so far.  jb and i did our celebration yesterday, as i think weekend birthdays trump monday birthdays any day.  i woke up to the best gift ever - a brand new bernina sewing machine from jb, mom, dad, and joe.  unbelievable.  it is currently all i can think about and i just want to be at home sewing things and learning about it.  i am so touched by how generous and awesome my family is.  everyone, really.  i am definitely feeling the love today.

anyway...the rest of the day was spent relaxing and playing with the new sewing machine, with a few errands and a dog park jaunt thrown in for good measure.  it was the first day we've hit 100 degrees this year (in contrast to last year, when we'd already had 42 days of 100 by this point), so it was wicked hot.  perfect for the entry into august, honestly.  for dinner, jb and i had a hot date to vespaio - an italian restaurant we'd never been to on south congress.  it did not disappoint.  we started with olives and a fig/cheese plate, followed by spaghetti pomodoro (homemade pasta and veggie deliciousness from their garden out back), followed by a seafood mixed grill (the grilled drum over polenta was my fave), followed by these little mini donut things with peach gelatto from fredericksburg (nearby german town famous for its peaches).  we split everything, so it was still an insane amount of food, but not too overwhelming....

today has been great.  lots of phone calls and texts and facebook messages, and i appreciate all of them.

yesterday, we harvested two of our watermelons.  they are awesome!  we haven't cut in to either yet, but they look delicious and we are quite proud of them.  here's jb displaying the pair.
also, it's hard to tell in my black shirt, but i think my belly is right about the sizeof the melon.....
finally, we had to say goodbye to our orange sherbert room.  i think i mentioned it got painted while i was in boston (you can see the new green behind the watermelon shots), but here's the last pic of the orange.  it was a good color....
i hope everyone else is having as great a day as i am.  much love.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun orange room! I love the green though too. Is it the baby's room? And congrats on getting the new bernina!! You will LOVE it! They last forever...I think my mom has had hers for at least 20 years and it still works perfectly!
    You will have to post some of your sewing projects. one of these days I hope to have time to start sewing more.
    Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pics of the new baby stuff! BTW, this post reminds me of Dirty Dancing- "I carried a watermelon!?"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...