Wednesday, August 25, 2010

klutz.

this morning feels like we may eventually have days that are below 100 degrees in texas.  i don't know how long that feeling will last, but it is glorious right now.  overcast, breezy, and only about 78 degrees...but i'd say it feels like a solid 76....

anyway...i got up and made lunch this morning (i'll post the recipe because it's incredible), but we don't have tons of food in the house, so breakfast didn't happen.  because i'm a sucker for a bagel, i decided to stop at einstein's on the way to work so i could grab a bagel and decaf to go with my fruit bowl.

let me just interject that i am not a graceful person.  i never played sports, so i never learned to be coordinated in that self-assured manner that so many people are.  or maybe i was just lacking that particular natural gift and that's why i never played sports, but i digress....

back to einstein's.  i order my bagel and coffee, they hand me my cup to go concoct my own warm milky decaf treat.  i am holding my keys in my left hand, the same hand i use to pull the spigot, with my right hand holding the cup beneath it.  as the cup gets to the full point, my keys suddenly become animated and fly out of my hand, straight to the bottom of the scalding hot coffee milk i've just made.  awesome.  dump out coffee and keys.  wipe off keys and cup and counter.  re-commence coffee-creation process, making sure keys are safely in back pocket for round two.

after procuring my bagel, i go to get back in my car.  as i'm putting the ill-fated coffee into my cup holder, it magically ejects several sprays across my belly.  did i mention i'm wearing a white shirt today?  of course i am.  super awesome.

the rest of the breakfast eating experience went off essentially without a hitch, but it did serve as a valuable reminder of my true nature, that of the super klutz.  i drop things, bump into things, and generally flop quite a bit.  this has gotten worse with the pregnancy, as you might expect.  my body is larger and fits into space differently than it did at other points in my life.  i don't think it's possible to count the number of times per day i drop my keys.  on friday, i dropped them in a parking lot while carrying random other stuff.  i bent down to pick them up and my whole body just sort of toppled into the side of my car.  such an audrey hepburn move, you know.  fortunately, it was not a real fall and my shoulder took the dull thud of the collision, rather than some other part of my body.

i'm wondering if they make a contraption that allows you to strap your baby to yourself, just in case my butterfingers don't disappear when nibs is born.  if not, i have a feeling i'm just going to sit in one place until someone is available to supervise me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...