Tuesday, February 01, 2011

first day back.

we made it.  the first day is the hardest, i think, and the anticipation of the first day was harder than anything else.  emme did amazingly well, as i knew she would.  and i didn't fare so badly myself - i knew it would be harder on me than on her.

a huge contributor to my holding it together was all the support i received from family and friends.  so many people sent emails, texts, and chats checking on me and offering support and solidarity.  i am astounded once again by the thoughtfulness and awesomeness of the people i know.

my amazing husband, to whom i give credit all too infrequently, was a rock yesterday.  he surprised me over the lunch hour at work with flowers and pepperidge farm cookies.  he always knows the best way to brighten up a not-so-sunny situation.


liga, the nanny, texted me a few times throughout the day letting me know that emme didn't cry once and was all smiles and good naps (and only a modest amount of spit up!!).  i'm so proud of my girl.  she was happy to see us when we got home last night and even though she had one of her most eventful nights in a while (up FOUR times), she seemed ready to play and happy to see liga this morning.  i love that child.

so now we commence the creation of the new routine, the new reality.  even though vincent (the other baby in our nanny share) starts officially next week, he came by for a little while today while his mom went to a meeting at her job.  liga sent this picture of those littles holding hands and i can tell this is the start of a beautiful friendship.
a cold front came in the middle of the night (e and i were both up to see it blowing in), so we will all be bundling up and hunkering down in our little house, waiting for the promise of sunnier days this weekend....

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad all went well--your last post brought tears to my eyes and I've been thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...