Tuesday, October 02, 2012

25 weeks.

week: 25

baby stats: bebe is the size of a cauliflower or a rutabaga.  not sure if that's weight, length, or bulk, but whatever.  it gives some kind of visual.  anyway...s/he is starting to put on fat and hair, two of my favorite things on babies.  ha.  improved sense of equilibrium, and baby's eyelids can open and close now.  amazing.  

aversions/cravings: this was a hungry week.  we went out for fajitas with some friends friday night, and i felt like i could probably eat 7 pounds of beef.  wondering if this means i'm anemic, but i guess we'll see soon enough (28 week appointment).  

bump: getting bigger by the minute, it seems.  this was definitely a growth spurt week, as i'm now getting the "you're due when?" comments.  i've really missed those - ha.  

worries: keeping it all at bay this week.  my worries have been much more focused on practical things like what the heck are we going to do about child care for two kiddos and where will i send my children to school and how might one fit two carseats in the back of a jetta (justin's car)??

looking forward to: fall/winter snuggly baby time with both my littles.  wow.  

boy or girl?: boy, still.  

missing the most: not feeling too restricted this week.  i think the fajitas helped.  

pregnancy milestone: nothing really new.  heartburn is still full throttle.  leg cramps are a pain.  i accidentally kicked pippa during a particulary fun leg cramp the other night and she attacked my foot/ankle.  i've also been having terrible dreams lately, but not sure if that's a pregnancy thing or what.  OH - my friend wendy just gave me a zillion maternity clothes that are amazing.  i don't think that really qualifies as a milestone, but it's the greatest thing ever to have clothes to wear!  i hate shopping, so i've been just skating by on random stuff, but now i have a proper maternity wardrobe (that might actually be nicer than my normal wardrobe...).  

what's different this time: it's still just soooo fast.  like a blur.  here is a picture of emme and my dad being silly when my folks were here a couple of weekends ago.  i love this.

1 comment:

  1. I swear, the 2nd pregnancy is a blur. I don't even remember being pregnant, now he's almost 1. It's crazy how time just seems to fly by! Maybe because I'm chasing 2 around instead of the one.
    As for the car- ha! good luck! We went car shopping when I was pregnant with the infant carrier in the trunk to make sure it would fit in the car I got. Always loved the salesman's face when we started pulling car seats out of our car. I ended up with a Suburban, but several of my friends were able to make it with smaller cars. I just like the feeling of safety. Brett drives a Corolla and 2 car seats fit in the back of his. good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...