Monday, October 15, 2012

27 weeks.

week: 27

baby stats: bebe is the size of a rutabaga and weighs about the same as a head of cauliflower, they say.  14-15 inches and 2 lbs. or so.  his/her lungs are ramping up and baby's brain is showing some action. 

aversions/cravings: nothing special.  i had been fiending for some of my mom's gumbo, so when we were in lafayette over the weekend, i gladly indulged in 3 bowls.  my craving is (temporarily) satisfied....

bump: getting bigger.  in the grocery store yesterday, the woman at the register said "are you having a boy?", which i thought was funny since 2 days earlier one of mom's friends said she thought it was definitely a girl.  both referenced the size/shape/way i'm carrying as their justification of gender.  funny. 

worries: well, thursday afternoon i had some light spotting right before we were leaving town, so i ran to my doc's office to have a quick listen and set my mind at ease.  of course, the nurse who was doing the doppler couldn't find the baby's heartbeat for a few minutes, so she left the room to grab the doc or midwife.  i had a nice 10 minutes by myself at that juncture to flip out and pray and breathe.  my ob came in and was able to find the heartbeat (the first time, baby's hb was wrapped around mine, which was kind of cool to hear).  it was a nice and strong 152 bpm.  we have an ultrasound to check on kidneys, etc. on friday, so i am looking forward to that as well.  obviously, the spotting concerned me (even though it wasn't bad at all and i've read/heard/been told it's very common).  i've also had loads of braxton-hicks, so i can do a pretty good job of getting myself worked up over all this stuff.  but i think everything really is fine, and i have no reason to anticipate that this baby would come earlier than s/he should.  it was a good little lesson for me to calm down and work on my stress level.  i am going to try to give myself some respite (heading in to the busiest season of the year, no less).  i am going to try not to do too much heavy lifting - meaning i will have to reserve my cuddle time with ek to seated cuddling, but i think i can manage that. 

looking forward to: the ultrasound.  feeling more calm about everything. 

boy or girl?: boy....

missing the most: i had a really intense desire to go for a run the other day. 

pregnancy milestone: third trimester.  yay!  and also, whoa. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you honestly mean to tell me you can't cook a gumbo?!?! Come on girl! I know you can! lol

    As for the stress, I think it's hilarious that we aren't suppose to stress ourselves when pregnant yet that's what we do the most! Just remember as long as you feel him moving, all things are good! Glad everything's ok with the spotting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i can definitely cook a gumbo...there's just something about my mom's gumbo, ya know? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...