Monday, April 14, 2014

commit to fit.

i am doing this program through my employer.  it's called commit to fit and it's 10 weeks or so and the goal is to lose 5% of your BMI, as long as your BMI is above a certain level (mine is - ha!).  anyway.  i feel like a dork half the time.  more than half the time.  there's lots of cheerleading and other people in the program, so it's all about accountability and motivation and all of that.  so, lots of earnestness.  which i fear.

anyway.  i'm giving it a shot.  i am tracking my food (most of the time), trying to make good choices and exercise portion control, trying to squeeze in some activity every day (even if it's just getting up from my stupid desk now and then).  we shall see.  it's hard for me to think about all the weird mental baggage i have wrapped up in my body image, so i'm just focusing on the fact that this is about being healthy so i can model healthy behaviors for my kids and be in good shape to play with and enjoy them for many, many years to come.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...