Friday, October 15, 2010

ready...set....

today is officially the full-term mark.  yahoo!  i feel very accomplished but also like the indeterminate amount of time before this monkey is born might be forever.

a few things i wanted to note, for posterity....
  • my heartburn went away yesterday.  randomly.  i have had it every day that i can remember since 9 weeks, so this is pretty much the most amazing occurrence of pregnancy for me so far.  haha.  
  • my belly button is still in.  like, pretty far in (tip of the finger).  i don't think it's going to pop out, which i find hilarious.  in the beginning, i thought the pop out was creepy and weird, now i feel like a mutant with this innie.  
  • i still don't have stretch marks, which is a miracle unto itself.  i credit my cajun skin.  i also weigh the most i have ever weighed in my life.  yikes!  
  • my belly's circumference is standing firm at 46 inches.  it's been that way for a few weeks now, even though i feel like i am bigger.  
  • the dogs are very clingy now, even more so than they have been earlier in my pregnancy.  especially when we're out walking and other dogs are around - etta pretty much wedges herself between me and any other human/animal.  
  • i am surprised by the amount i'm hoping the full moon sends me into labour.  i always thought people were over-dramatizing the situation when they seemed "so ready" at the end, but i am so unbelievably curious, i can't help myself.  
that's all for now, i think.  yay for the weekend!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear the details when the little one arrives. And I have to admit I'm a little jealous that I still have to wait myself!
    I haven't ever had stretch marks either--must be a Hesterly gene. :)
    Anyway, been thinking about you a lot. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any day now, you'll be a mommy. I can't wait to hear about the day when the little munchkin arrived. it could be any day now. When the heartburn disappears and the swollen ankles disappear, you better watch out :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...