Tuesday, February 04, 2014

feeding mommy.

hollis still isn't eating much, despite the fact that his teachers said he ate all the food we packed for him yesterday. he's not eating in front of me, at least. last night at dinner, we had chicken and steamed carrots and sauteed spinach - all things he loves - and he was having none of it. he was squawking about the whole thing, so i picked him up to put him on my lap, hoping he might take a few bites off my plate. no dice, but he did decide to feed me, which was hilarious and the cutest thing ever. he would shovel like 4 or 5 bites of carrot into my mouth and then just laugh and laugh.

also last night, emme got to open a pair of shoes that daddy bought for her. this kid is so girly sometimes - she loves shoes and dresses. who knows where she gets that, because it's definitely not from me. anyway...she LOVED these fancy shoes and wore them until bath time. this morning when she woke up, the first thing she whispered to me was "mommy, i love my new shoes". she was not thrilled that it was raining today so we vetoed her wearing them to school.

as an aside, i went to candlelight yoga last night with alison. it's the first full yoga practice i've done since before i got pregnant for emme and i can barely move my shoulders from all the vinyasas. i had forgotten how physically and mentally challenging yoga is, in the best way possible. i wish it weren't so expensive. i set my intention to be kinder to myself. i think i'm going to need to do a lot more yoga to get there.



1 comment:

  1. It's crazy how these girls are so crazy about girly things. It's not like we taught them to be that way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...