Tuesday, February 18, 2014

i love you very much.

this weekend, emme woke up earlier than hollis (well, he had been up but gone back down in his own bed) and was cuddling in bed with me.  h started squawking, so jb went to grab him and bring him to the snuggle party we were having.  i asked ek whether she wanted him to lie between her and me or on my other side.  she said "he can lay right here because i love him very much".

at night lately, ek is on a mission to delay bedtime as much as possible.  we have a ridiculously elaborate routine and i feel like she adds a new piece onto the routine every night.  the past week or so, the final piece de resistance as i'm walking out the door is her telling me she needs to tell me a secret.  i go back to her bed and she stage whispers directly into my ear "after you go to sleep will you come get me in my bed when you wake up?"

this morning i was standing in ek's doorway, holding hollis as he ranted because he woke up too early (again) and just wanted to be in my neck.  she noticed my new grey toms (finally replaced my 6 year-old holey red toms) and said "mommy, are those your new shoes?".  i said yep!  her response "oh.  i kind of hate them a little bit.  but just a teeny tiny bit".  tough crowd.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...