Tuesday, November 15, 2011

thankful: november 15.

i am thankful for etta james today.  i worked from home this afternoon because all my meetings got canceled and i have a ridiculous cold (thanks, immune system).  etta curled up on my feet and sat by me the whole afternoon.  she is a complete head case of a dog, but i love her so much.  if ollie embodies all the best qualities of our family, etta probably embodies...not the worst, but the most neurotic tendencies, i guess.  it can be super frustrating - she pees on the floor when certain friends come over or when justin pets her; she will randomly just whimper in the middle of the room without any agenda; she barks like a spaz at imaginary things....but she is an unfathomably loyal, sweet girl.  etta was my christmas present from justin right before i got pregnant, so she grew up through my pregnancy and i think that and emme's birth have really informed who she is as a dog.  she sticks to my side like glue and is super protective of both me and e.  she doesn't know what to do with herself sometimes because she has so much love to give. she is freakishly timid and it manifests itself in absurd ways, but she is our dog, and i love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...