Tuesday, November 29, 2011

thankful: november 29.

i am thankful for etiquette.  when i was growing up, mom would practically have to wrestle me to the ground to get me to write thank you notes.  i hated it - i never felt like i could adequately express my gratitude in a note, and it just felt like it took forever.  somehow, though, the practice stuck, and now i write thank you notes of my own volition.  they are not always 100% on time (i just finished the ones from emme's birthday today - yeesh!), nor are they the most eloquent writing anyone can read (and i'm sure i have missed a few prime note-writing opportunities in my day, though hopefully not many...), but i have come to thoroughly enjoy the practice of taking a few moments to hand write and stamp something acknowledging a gift or act of service.  i think of myself as a pretty modern gal, but this is an "old-fashioned" habit i will pass on to my niblets, even if it involves years of wrestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...