Sunday, November 20, 2011

thankful: november 20.

i am thankful for night wakings.  i know, i know - they are a huge pain, really.  and i am probably way MORE thankful for what a great sleeper my child normally is.  but last night, emme was having none of the pack-n-play situation at mom and dad's house (i blame the cough and snotty nose), so my dad graciously slept in the guest bedroom and my mom graciously invited me and ek into their giant, awesomely comfortable king size bed.  probably because she very rarely sleeps in a big bed with grown-ups, emme has lots of wakings when she does.  and probably because this is not a frequent thing in our lives, i really do LOVE the nighttime visits we have.  she performs a maneuver i like to call the baby 'dozer, where she plants her head firmly into my ribcage and digs her feet into the mattress, tush in the air, trying to plow me over (i suspect?  what other motivation might she have?).  she also is very good at draping her small body across my neck and/or stomach while simultaneously hitting my face.  finally, she also performs the ever-popular stand-and-dance trick wherein she gets to a full stand and bangs on the headboard while doing some dance moves and usually jabbering away like it was midday.  it's not great for my sleep (or hers), but i am trying to remember these things don't last forever, so i might as well appreciate each experience while it's here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...