Wednesday, July 14, 2010

update: 24(ish) weeks.

sorry everyone - i really don't mean for this to turn in to pregnancy tales blog, but i do want to note certain things for my own posterity....

yesterday's appointment was great.  after getting weighed (jb stayed off the scale this time, although i almost wish he'd been messing with it a little bit....), the nurse brought me to check bp and all of that.  i could tell she was a little out of it, but then she asked "what day did you deliver?".  hahaha.  justin was like "what was it?  this is the quietest baby ever!" and i just kind of looked at my belly and said i think it's going to stay in there a while longer if that's ok.  hilarious.  she was really apologetic and said that i wasn't showing that much for 6 months (yeah, right) and that she had forgotten to close out the post-natal appointment she'd seen right before me.  anyway...after we determined that i am in fact still pregnant, we went in to the room to see lisa, my favorite midwife.  she found the heartbeat and felt around for where the back and head are (back was kind of mid-belly, to my right hip side; head a little lower, left side so s/he is still mostly transverse).  that was really cool - it makes it feel so much more real knowing that there are real body parts that someone can feel in there.  by external measurements, i am measuring at about 25 weeks, which i think makes sense considering i've felt like nibs was going through a growth spurt lately.

so, all good news.  still feeling great - no swelling or any of that.  still not really even feeling pregnant except randomly when i wake up in the night with ridiculous calf cramps.  and, oh yeah, the heartburn.

1 comment:

  1. The calf cramps were freaking ridiculous. I could always tell when I didn't get enough water that day. I would have to throw myself out of bed faster than I would if my house were on fire to "try" to stand up to get it out.

    I feel ya on the heart burn too. The hb and the calf cramps were the only pregnancy symptoms I had.Hopefully you'll continue to be as lucky.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...